Next to the Advisory Board, the Scientific Committee includes 22 academic leaders from research centres and academic institutions, who have an in-depth understanding of humanitarian action and come from a variety of disciplines and cultural backgrounds.
The main responsibilities of the Scientific Committee are to:
- Validate the annual research agenda
- Guarantee a sound research methodology and ensure quality
- Ensure that research ethical guidelines are respected
- Oversee the editorial process and participate in reviews as members of editorial committees
- Identify and validate authors