The Humanitarian Encyclopedia will also provide reference materials on thematic areas. One such example are relevant international agreements. These agreements, mostly negotiated multilaterally, provide guidance to governments, in particular those signatory to specific agreements, for policy making at the national level. They also provide references to humanitarian organisations at all levels for advocacy to influence national policies and their implementation.
Relevant agreements can be found under the following categories:
- Rights-based instruments,
- Armed conflicts,
- Small or weak states and fragility, and aid,
- Natural and man-made disasters,
- Nexus (humanitarian, development, environment, and peace)
- Forced population movement.