The Humanitarian Encyclopedia is the platform for insights and analysis on key humanitarian concepts, unique data and resources, and dynamic discussion of the major issues facing the system.
In this series, we’ve compiled a set of ten #HODataStories with insights and infographics reflecting the diversity of the humanitarian sector, based on expert analysis of the Humanitarian Organisations Database (HOD) by our contributor Dr Clara Egger.
Our analysis shows just how diverse the humanitarian sector is. Organisations work at local, national, regional and international levels, both domestically and abroad, and cover a wide range of activities, sectors, and target groups. Moreover, the exploration of the data reveals important and interesting questions about key humanitarian concepts, from localisation to prevention and more.
- Creation of humanitarian organisations over time per region 1945-2017
- Creation of humanitarian organisations over time 1945-2017
- Creation of humanitarian organisations over time per type of organisation
- Map of organisations per country of headquarters
- Comparison between humanitarian organisations' geographical origin and region of intervention
- Distribution of organisational subtypes for NGOs and Federations of NGOs per region of headquarters
- Prevalent target groups per region of intervention
- Prevalent sectors of activities per region of intervention
- Types of activities: comparison between national and international organisations
- Sector of activities: comparison between national and international organisations
No topics were found