In order to guide the project development, an Advisory Board has been established including representatives from operational organizations and organizations supporting the reflection on, and the quality process of the humanitarian sector. Members come from different parts of the World (Africa, America, Asia, Europe and MENA) and a wide range of humanitarian organizations with a diversity of approaches (providing direct assistance and/or protection activities, strengthening local, national or international stakeholders, evaluating, researching and/or counseling humanitarian stakeholders). Advisory board members participate in all phases of the Humanitarian Encyclopedia.
The specific responsibilities of the Advisory Board are to:
- Provide strategic direction
- Critically examine the development of the project
- Offer advice and provide input at specific stages of the process (e.g. final selection of concepts, usefulness of various products)
- Support outreach activities
- Develop new ideas for future activities